Review: Dead to Me; Season 2

PLEASE DON'T CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED SEASON ONE.
THIS IS YOUR SPOILER WARNING!!
(this will not contain spoilers of season two)

Dead to Me (Season Two)
★★

Season two has finally arrived, I'm so glad I only had to wait a year and boy did they do a good job!

I was such a big fan of the first season of this show. I'm pretty sure I watched the entirety in a day, so I decided to spread the second series out over a few days so I could enjoy it for longer.. which I failed at doing and ended up finishing it in just two. Oops! It's just too good and the end of every episode always leaves me desperate to know what is going to happen next and I felt the exact same way this time around.


"Inevitably, there's something funny in almost every dark thing." - Liz Feldman (creator of the show), via Thrillist


This is a pretty perfect series for me (i think I preferred the first season, which is why I'm not giving it a five). I adore darker comedies, but I also love how they show grief throughout this series and how different people cope with it. Netflix has done a fantastic job, and my fingers are crossed that they give Dead to Me a green light for another season.

Following on from that shocking ending of season one, you know, when Steve was dead in Jen's pool! *gasp* I was very excited to see what direction they would take in season two, and they did not disappoint. Feldman has managed to keep the humour and suspense throughout and I so hope the show never loses it's touch, because it is pretty special. To tell you the truth, I actually did a "spit take" during an episode because I was so caught off guard and couldn't stop laughing (hint to anyone who has watched season 2; Amazing Grace). 

I honestly don't think they could have cast this show more perfectly. Christine Applegate's dry humour, quick wit and timing is unbelievable to watch and I find the woman so inspiring. Linda Cardellini playing Judy; timid, wants to do everything right, allows her abusive boyfriend to treat her how he did, just a stunning performance from her and I loved watching her character grow. The dynamic of the two actresses together is something really beautiful to witness on screen.

If you like darker humour I could not recommend this series more. It's such an easy watch because it grips you to the story and the episodes are only half an hour longer, so it flies by.








No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig